NEYEDC offers an ecological data request service to all sectors. We can provide a full Ecological Information Report for a site or geographical area and can tailor the information we provide according to your requirements. We aim to make the information we provide as user-friendly as possible.
How to request a data search
- If necessary, check your data request is within NEYEDC’s operating area by using the ALERC Find an LERC Map.
- Download our data request form: NEYEDC Data Request Form 2017.
- The data license terms are available here: NEYEDC Centre Users Licence v2.1.
- Complete the form, remembering to tick the box to indicate that you have read and agreed to the terms & conditions laid out in the users’ licence.
- Return the form to us by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will email you a quotation, based on the work specified in the data request form.
- Once the quotation is accepted we will process the request and endeavour to return the report to you within five working days.
Data Search Charges
NEYEDC makes a charge to commercial users to cover the administrative costs of extracting the data we provide. A proportion of this income is used to support and facilitate voluntary recording in the North and East Yorkshire area. The remaining costs associated with our data collection/collation/management activities are covered by our agreements with the Local Planning Authorities (LPAs).
A number of LPAs in North and East Yorkshire have declined to support NEYEDC and have directed us to recover all of our costs from the private sector. Consequently we charge a Local Authority Surcharge for data searches in the following Local Planning Authority areas: Richmondshire District Council, Scarborough Borough Council and Hull City Council
The table below summarises the amounts payable for common data search types. For details on the pricing of other services please see the ‘Charging Rates for Commercial Data Searches’ document, available from the Our Policies page.
|Service||NEYEDC Charge||With Local Authority Surcharge|
|Species data search (<2km)||£62.50||£125.00|
|Large species search (2-4km)||£125.00||£250.00|
|Standard Data Search (<2km)||£125.00||£250.00|
|Large Data Search (2-4km)||£220.00||£345.00|